HOME------NEW POTS FOR SALE------OLD POTS NOT FOR SALE------POTTER INFO------CONTACT AND SALES------EXHIBITIONS------MOST CURRENT WORK------CATCH-ALL PAGE
I shuffled things around in the studio and actually found a little space to display some pots.
I finally got one framed tile panel up on the wall. Here is the finished piece...
and the back. I etched the info into the back copper sheet.
I felt the need to make a few gourds...
and this one looks like a beauty.
Here is a design I have been thinking about for a long time- "Bamboo." Thought I would give it a try and this is the first.
I always envisioned bamboo pots glazed in my Jade Green, so I quickly fired a few of the first pots I made. This is what the kiln looks like inside at about 2000 degrees F.
Nice. They turned out nice but a little rough around the edges so I started making the second group and keeping in mind what I learned from the first few out of the kiln.
I threw a second group of the bamboo.
The second batch have a better shape, more layers and bolder marks.
I also had an idea for a new design based on the coleus plant.
I quickly carved up a few of them trying to come up with a suitable technique. The design has a long way to go, but I found myself infatuated with these early attempts.
Here is a portrait piece that is currently "under wraps."